Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Letter-November 6th, 2016

Hello everyone, 
Well another week has come and gone. And another month! I am now 17 months into the mission, with 1 remaining. I can't believe it. 

This week was great. The beginning of this week we went to Iloilo. We got to go on splits with our STL's. I worked with Sister Tranate. She and I got to invite one of their families to be baptized, and they accepted. I was so excited for them. That day though was a holiday here in the Philippines. So there was not many people at home. They were all at the gave sites. Its some catholic holiday for their dead. But it worked out ok. 

The rest of the week was business as usual. This week we were able to find 2 new families. One is a part member family that is mostly non-members. They could be ready. It was a great lesson. We are excited to follow up with them this week. Thankfully the work is starting to pick up more here in our area. I am thankful for that. I gives me something to focus on, other than going home. 

This week during my studies I was so thankful for the atonement. I have been reading more about Hope. I read the "infinite power of hope", a talk by President Uchtdorf. It was nice to have my testimony increased. No matter what happens to us or what we do. We can always have hope in the atonement of Jesus Christ. It reminded me that the Lord will always be there to help us overcome challenges and temptations. No matter how many times we may fall and even if we feel like we failed. He is ALWAYS there reaching out to us. Just waiting for us to reach out to him. I hope and pray that you all feel his love, because its there. For each one of us. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love you all so much. 

Have a good week!!! 

Until next time,
Sister Miggin

No comments:

Post a Comment