Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Letter-November 13th, 2016

What a wonderful week we had. Not only is the work starting to pick up, but we had a exciting visitor. Elder Quentin L. Cook of the quorum of the 12 apostles was able to visit the mission. It was amazing. It was quite the event. The whole mission came together. That alone is a very rare thing. It was a blessing for me though. Because I was able to say goodbye to everyone. It was bitter sweet for me. I was looking around and got teary-eyed thinking, this is the last time I will be in a big missionary gathering. I didn't realize how sad it would make me. But all things must come to a end sometime. 

So Elder Cook and his wife gave some amazing messages. Something that stood out to me from Sister Cooks message was "no one is perfect, but we can do perfect things everyday. Thats how we become like the savior." I loved that. It was something I think I needed to hear. That we can't be perfect, but we can try. She was such a motivating and happy person. It was a highlight for me. But Elder Cooks message was about the history of missionary work, and the progress it has made within the last few years. Also he spoke about teaching by the spirit and also extending commitments. We as missionaries need to extend commitments, that is how we call others to repentance. It was so powerful for me to hear a living apostle of the Lord bear his witness to us about how the church receives revelation. He also blessed us as missionaries and the mission as a whole. I am so thankful I was able to be here for this visit. I really lucked out. I am so thankful to have a knowledge that God does call Prophets and apostles. I am thankful for the guidance we can receive from them. I know that this church is true and I know that Thomas S. Monson is Gods prophet on the earth today. It was awesome to get to hear and meet a apostle this week. 

I hope you all had a good week. I love you all lots. 

until next time,
Sister Miggin



No comments:

Post a Comment