Sunday, October 9, 2016

Letter-September 18th, 2016

Hello everyone,
I am in my new area. It's AMAZING!!!! So beautiful. So this week, the first part I was saying goodbye to members from my old area, and then on Thursday I picked up my brand new companion Sister Santos. She is so sweet, she was a little shy at first when she found out a white girl was going to be her trainer, but she quickly realized, that there will be no communication problems. Anyway after a 5 hour meeting, we finally got on the bus to go to our area. It took like 4 hours, down a very curvy road. I got a little car sick.

 We arrived in Antique to the sisters waiting for us and found out we had another hour travel. So we stayed the night there. Then the next day we took our stuff and went to Hamtic. Sister Hussien is my housemate, so it's fun to be with her again. There are 4 of us in the house. So the last few days, we have been touring the area. I have been shown most of the area and the members in the area. It's HUGE! It has the beach on one side and the "mountains" and rice fields on the other. It's honestly so breathtaking. I have been waiting for something like this. One of the best parts of the week was going to a area called bingay. You have to take a single motor into the mountains. Then we barefoot hiked though rice fields and mountains to get to this village up in the hills. It was a blast. We all just laughed and it was so fun. 

Yesterday we had our District Conference, so I still didn't get to meet all the members, but that's ok. We had 2 members work with us yesterday to continue to show us around. I can tell the ward has a desire to work.

So I am excited to get out there this week and keep exploring and start finding :) I hope you all have a good week! Until next week, 

Sister Miggin








No comments:

Post a Comment