Monday, April 18, 2016

Letter-March 27th, 2016

I hope you all had a great Easter week. I learned a lot this week about the culture here and the beliefs of Catholicism. It was quite an eye opening week. Nevertheless I was grateful to celebrate the life and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
What happened this week:
Mon: We had an awesome activity. We went to a members property up a mountain. We back-trail hiked though a jungle mountain. It was so fun. We were climbing up vines and just doing all this crazy stuff. It was a blast. And the view at the top was nice too. Then we hiked back down. We then had a budol fight. Which is the but banana leafs on a table and then just but the rice down and the food and we just eat it with no plates and with our hands. It was quite the experience. I felt very into the culture that day. 
Tues: We tried to find and mostly got punted but we still worked as hard as we could. Sometimes there are just those days. 
Wed: We were able to teach our investigator JR. We had the bishop and one of his counselors came with us. He is so excited for his baptism. I was super glad that the members were willing to work with us and come help teach JR
Thus: Normal work day :) 
Fri: Ok so this day was kind of crazy. The culture here is they really celebrate Easter week, but not the way you would think. This week was semana santa. Or saints week. SO they had whats called a procession this week. This night was like a ghost town because most of the people here are catholic and so they were at this procession. Even some of our less actives went. We were able to go to the stake presidents house and he drove us home after so we got to see some of their worship take place. It was very interesting to me and very eye opening. 
Sat: JR had his baptismal interview and passed!!! 
Sun: we went to church and it was a pretty normal Sunday with only 1 meeting :) 

As I was doing my personal study this week. I was reading about being a true disciple of Christ. I read in the conference liahona "True disciples of Christ are not looking to make excuses for the doctrine when it doesn't fit the world's current concepts.... True disciples represent the Lord when it may not be convenient to do so. True disciples desire to inspire the hearts of men. Elder Gregory Schwitzer." It reminded me that we as members of the Church can never follow the world standards. Because they aren't Gods standards. We need to stand for something better and be strong in our faith. I am loving being a disciple of Jesus Christ. I love being his missionary and teaching his gospel to anyone that will listen to us. I hope to keep working as hard as I can right until the end. I hope you all had a good week. I love you all. Talk to you next week. 

Sister Miggin




No comments:

Post a Comment