Monday, April 18, 2016

Letter-April 17th, 2016

Maayong aga sa inyo tannan. That just means good morning yall,
But I guess it's night for most of you hahaha. This week was good, as per usual. 
So what happened this week? 

Mon: We went to the light house again with our district for bonding time. It was really fun. Then we just had P-day
Tues: Normal day :) 
Wed: We went on exchanges. I worked with Sister Dayuta. It was a great day but I woke up with a cold. We were still able to work 5 hours. She is such a sweet sister and was patient with my weak body. But its all ok :) We are human. 
Thurs: I woke up still feeling a little sick, but I still got ready to go out and work. And literally right as we were kneeling down to pray one of the sisters called and said she was sick and needed someone to stay with her. It was a tender mercy honestly. It was Heavenly Fathers way of telling me "thanks for being willing to work, but rest up." 
Fri: 100% back to normal :) YAY! We had good day of hard work and we found new investigators :) I am excited to return to them 
Sat: We got to catch up with our recent converts and start teaching him the new member lessons. 
Sun: We got to join a choir that joined a united prayer day event. It was called one Capiz one Prayer. So all the different churches in the area presented their prayer and 3 songs. It was such a  cool experience. We.We got to sing 3 songs. Everyone was wearing this tee-shirt but they wanted us missionaries to be dressed like normal so that the people would recognize us. As if a white girl and other foreigners isn't different enough.  Good times :) 

Something that my mission president shared I really liked it. I would like to share it with you. Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people. . . . Stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, Hold up the arms of those that hang down. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ.”

I know that it's true. As we serve others we end up being blessed in ways that we would never expect. And this doesn't just have to be for missionaries. We as members its also our responsibility to lift those around us,other members, less actives and others. 

I hope you all have a good week. Love you all! 

Sister Miggin 

Ps. I don't know if you have seen this video yet, but we got a good laugh watching it. I am going to share it so those who haven't seen it can get a good laugh too.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckLqfX62u_I




No comments:

Post a Comment