Monday, March 21, 2016

Letter-March 20th, 2016

Hello my loved ones. This week went by pretty fast. It was also really good!
So what happened this week:
Mon: We had a Zone activity on the beach. We played lots of fun games and then had lunch at a restaurant right on the beach. It had lots of cool fresh sea food. Actually the area I am in right now is the Seafood capitol of the Philippines. 
Tues: Punted day..... But we did get to teach some less actives in at the end of the day. 
Wed: Exchanges! I worked in my area with Sister Servesa. It was really funny for us because she was my STL when I was new in the mission, and now I will be her last STL because she is close to going home. It was nice to work with her again and catch up.
Thurs: Regular work day, we got to contact some OYM's and then we also found some lost less actives that we didn't even know about. So we are happy we were guided to their house. 
Fri: We went to a stake relief society party to celebrate the 174th birthday of relief society. It was a lot of fun, we were glad we were invited to go. We found a new family. I am really excited. We haven't gotten to go back to them yet, but hopefully tomorrow or Friday again. They seem pretty interested. So I am always hopefully to see what can happen with them. 
Sat: We taught our investigator brother JR that should be getting baptized this April 2. We did a testimony and knowledge check this week with him because his interview is this week. It was really awesome to hear his testimony and even though he is old, he just has an awesome testimony and is so willing to learn more and tries to be so obedient. He even payed his tithing on Sunday
Sun: I was a speaker in church. That's always fun. I also was the piano player and accompanied a musical number. We didn't work much because we had lots of meetings. We had meeting with the Stake President, the mission president and the zone leaders. I realized how much work it is to correlate between all the stakes and wards and missionaries to make sure everyone is unified and doing their job. I just learned and observed a lot about how the church works. We have that meeting again next month. Then we had a dinner appointment :) It's always the best way to end the day. 

This week I was proud with the work we put in. Even though we didn't have high high numbers, I felt like we were being guided by the spirit. And that's all I pray for. We talked to a lot of people this week and have some great potential try to go back and teach again. I really am ready for a new week. Hopefully we can find some new families and build up our teaching pool. This week I was reading the past conference talks, because I want to finish before conference. Anyway I really loved President Monsons' talk and how he reminded us all to be examples of the believers and if we do that we will have the light of Christ with us. I was thinking of ways that I can be a better example. I try everyday to find ways to improve as a missionary and as a person. I realized that if I want to be an effective leader for the sisters in my zone. i have to be what I want them to be. I need to be their example in everything. That' s one goal my companion and I set this week. I encourage you all to re-read the conference talks or at least a few before the new one comes. 

I love you all and I hope that you have a great week! 

-Sister Miggin






No comments:

Post a Comment