Sunday, February 28, 2016

Letter-February 28th, 2016

Ok so this week was like one of the craziest weeks yet! So good luck keeping up. Everything changed this week also.

Mon: I found out that I would be transferring. Which means I will be leaving my bata or trainee and moving. But thankfully it's only next door :) Yep I got transferred to the next area. It's the same zone just a different ward and area now. So I am still here in Roxas. Which is good because I LOVE it here. The people are awesome. But I was also a little sad because I had only been in my last area 1 month and a half. So me and Sister Servesa are switching places. She is stepping down and I am going to step up and now have a new calling in the mission. It's called Sister Training Leader. It's kind of like the zone leader for sisters. I am really excited about it. But also feel a little unprepared. It makes me feel old in the mission having this calling. Anyway that was Monday. 

Tues: We traveled to Iloilo because we had sisters conference the next day. So we got on a bus for 4 hours to get back to the city and we had a special dinner at the mission home with President and Sister Aquino. 

Wed: SISTERS CONFERENCE. It was awesome. All the sisters in the mission. It was nice to see old comp's and housemates. We had a few speakers and some workshops too. It was such a spiritually uplifting thing. I think it will help the sisters step up their work in the mission. Well after sisters conference my comp sister Pancho went home and I now have my new companion Sister Tobias. She is awesome. I am so excited to work with here. And we couldn't go home that night because we had MLC or Mission leadership council. So 8-3 we had sisters conference and 4-8 we had MLC. So MLC was so cool. All the Zone leaders and STL's and the AP's just had this big open forum and we reported on the progress in our zone and it was really cool. I was just super tired by the end of the day 

Thus; MLC part 2. So this day during MLC we had more training from the AP's (Assistants to the president) The mission the last few months have been focusing on working with members. It's called phase 2. Like the mission has been changing for the better within the last 6 months. Like the mission has been on fire lately. Phase one was more about preach my gospel and now phase 2 is working with the members. Now our job is to follow up with the wards and make sure all the missionaries understand what's going on and understand everything. And have the excitement in the work. So we are going to go on monthly exchanges with all the sisters in Roxas and make sure that things are going good and make sure they catch on to that "fire" that's spreading throughout the mission. I hope this makes sense. If not sorry :)

Fri: Finally got to be back home in Roxas but we had planning to do and so we didn't get to work as much as we would have liked to. 

Sat: we helped clean the church and finally got to work :) I really like my new area. WE got to go meet the bishop and he is really excited about missionary work. SO I am excited to work and serve this new ward. Oh and we had a baptism. His name is Francis. He is truly converted. I was happy to see him get baptized. I actually know him and was there during 1 of his lessons. But his story is the missionaries came and started teaching his family. He didn't listen or participate at first. Then one day he decided to listen and read the book of Mormon. And he became a golden convert. The first Sunday he got invited to church. He was there. He stopped his word of wisdom problems before the missionaries even taught it, because he felt like that was right. He even had to work one Sunday but he didn't want to miss church. So he went to the morning church just to take the sacrament. His testimony after his baptism was so cool to hear. He had been searching for the truth and he is SO happy that he found it. I am excited to teach his recent convert lessons and continue to watch his testimony grow :)

Sun: Church day! We now have church at 1:30. So we work in the morning before church and a little bit after church. It's really weird because my old ward is in the same building just the morning time of church. They were all shocked that we just switched wards. But it was a good day. 

So that was my crazy week. I was super tired because of all the meetings and traveling. But I am spiritually full. MLC and sisters conference were amazing. I am really excited for this month. I am excited to learn my new area and find new people. Also I am excited to have this opportunity to serve the sisters in my zone :) 

I hope you area all doing well. Palangga ko kamo! 

Sister Miggin








No comments:

Post a Comment