Sunday, February 28, 2016

Letter-February 21st, 2016

Hello my family and friends.

This week was great. Update on that investigator we found on Monday. He came to church and wants to be baptized! I am pretty sure he is golden. Just waiting for us to find him. He said he loved church and is excited to come back next week. He even circled his baptismal date on his calendar! I am so excited for him. I am so humbled that Heavenly Father guided us to find him and his family!

So what happened this week:
Tues: P-day! We had a activity on the beach with the elders. We played sports and this old drunk guy joined. It was SO FUNNY. One of the Elders drew a circle in the sand around him and told him that was his boundary. He just stood there and cheered. It got less fun once he realized I was there. Then all he wanted to do was try and talk to me. Thankfully by the time that happened we were getting ready to leave to go email.  Anyway it was pretty funny.
Wed:Work day as usual. We got to go to a birthday party for a ward member. It was fun. And the food was great :)
Thurs: Regular work day, but i worked with the STL Sister Servesa. She was with me in my last area and just transferred here. So it was nice to go on splits with her again. 
Fri:Got to teach our new investigator Andro and he accepted a baptismal date!!! 
Sat:Lots of Less active lessons and we also found a new potential family. We had a cool experience when the father of the house prayed at the end of the lesson. We taught them how to pray because their whole life they had just said a memorized prayer. He gave his first prayer from his heart and his reaction after was so humbling to watch. He was like wow if feels really good to have that freedom to talk to God. It was cool. 
Sun: Andro and his daughter came to church and love it! He participated in the classes and said he really felt the spirit. I am so happy for him and his decision. He expressed to us later that night that his new dream is to go to the celestial kingdom with is family, and he said he feels like this is how he can get there! Yup golden. 

I hope you are all doing great. Thanks for all the sweet comments about my dress. I love it! I also cannot believe that Saturday is my halfway point. It is freaking me out how the times really moves so fast during the mission. Sometimes the days feel like so long. But before I know it it's like P-day again and now its half over. I hope to make the next half even better. I love this church and I know that it's true. I am so happy to be a missionary and to be doing this work. Thank you all for the love and support you have given me the first half of my mission. I know that the next half will be even better :) 

Have a good week. 

Love, Sister Miggin

No comments:

Post a Comment