Sunday, February 28, 2016

Letter-February 15th, 2016

Hello everyone. Sorry this week our p-day is on Tuesday and not Monday. We had Zone conference on yesterday. It was awesome! I felt so spiritually uplifted. I was eager to learn more and to be able to apply it in my work. Later that night when we went out to work I tried to apply all the new things I learned. And it works! We taught a first lesson to a new family and we really didn't do the teaching. the spirit was so strong. They have lots of potential. I am excited to see what happens. I am so grateful that we were guided by the spirit to find them. Hopefully I will have an update about them next week. 
So what happened this week:
Mon:p-day 
Tues: I went on exchanges with Sister Batin. We taught a lesson to one of my investigators who had lots of questions. Well we were able to work together well and really follow the spirit as we taught him. He even said the closing prayer. We both almost cried the spirit was strong. We pray he felt it to. 
Wed: We went street contacting most of the day and that was about it
Thurs:Went to the doctor in the morning for a check up on my comp and then regular work day. 
Friday: We were able to teach quite a few lessons and go visit some of our less active members 
Sat: Stake conference. Elder Meim of the area 70 was there. He gave a wonderful talk about keeping our lives anchored on Jesus Christ. He gave 10 ideas of different "stones" we can use to build a solid foundation 1.Faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement. 2. Repentance 3. keeping our covenants 4. prayer 5. daily scripture study 6. keeping our testimony strong  7.service 8. tithing 9. fasting and 10.keeping the Sabbath day holy. I loved his talk. I know that if we are strong in these 10 things we will be strong when Satan tries to tempt us and when the storms of life arrive in our lives. 
Sun: Stake conference. Also President Aquino and his wife had dinner at our house. We had crab! 
Mon: Zone conference! This pink dress was the dress I wore. Also it was made for me by a member! I LOVE IT!!! 
This week was wonderful. I really am glad that I was able to have a uplifting week. I am excited to keep finding ways to improve me teaching and my work as a missionary. Palangga ko kamo! Have a good week! 

-Sister Miggin 






No comments:

Post a Comment