Thursday, January 28, 2016

Letter-January 10th, 2016

Well we for sure have been walking lots this week. Because we are opening a new area, we are kind of starting from nothing. Its been fun though to be able to just talk to everyone and try and find new people to teach. I am really enjoying this area. The members here are way nice. I also love my new companion, she is a great missionary.
I have been thinking of ways that I can improve and become better. I realized its by the small and simple things. We will not ever be perfect. But we can try our best. The more I strive to develop Christlike attributes the more I can feel the spirit work in my life. I love what one of the men in the Meet the Mormons movie said. " I am no where near perfection, but I am perfect in one thing. I am perfect in trying." I hope to be able to be like that. To always try my best. We have the lords promise after we do all we can do he will make up the rest. We all have lots of weaknesses at least I do. But I know if I do my best to make the strengths the Lord will help me. 
Yesterday we got to watch the Philippines area presidency broadcast. I learned a lot. But the one thing I really loved was their three main goals. 1. Obey 2.covenant 3. establish. As we show out love for the lord by obeying all his commandments we can make covenants with this through baptism and in the temple that will help us establish families strong in the gospel. I loved the pattern. They also talked a lot about goal setting. In our lives we have to set goals and then have the faith to accomplish them. I hope that this year I will be able to reach my goals. I know I cannot do it alone. But if I try my best the Lord will help, we can go anything. 

I love you all and hope you have a good week!

Sister Miggin


No comments:

Post a Comment