Friday, December 4, 2015

Letter-November 29th, 2015

I really cannot believe its December tomorrow. It doesn't feel like it at all. This week was really good. I made thanksgiving for the Sisters and I. It was fun. We had roasted chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, and brownies. Then the Elders brought us Pizza too. So it was a feast indeed. Then later that night the Sr. Couple invited us over to a members house for thanksgiving again. So I really lucked out. It was very nice that they invited me and included me. It made it a really fun day.

For sure the highlight of this week was Zone Conference. The training by the Ap's was awesome. I became more motivated to being a Preach My Gospel missionary. They really encouraged us to do practice teaching everyday and really study PMG. Also a big focus on the mission right now is finding families. Teaching them when everyone is there. It's for sure not the easiest thing to do. We have been struggling to find a full family that is prepared. But I know that there is one out there. We just need to keep looking. I was really motivated by their ideas. It was just a really good training. 

This week was good. On Friday we got at text from President saying he wanted to meet us in the office. We were like ok?? We got there and he had invited us and some other missionaries over to his house for a thanksgiving dinner. It was so nice! At first we were nervous. Like oh no what did we do. But it turned out to be a nice surprise. Also that night I got to go to my first Filipino wedding reception. It was really fun. I said well it's for sure a Mormon wedding because the Relief society is serving the food. I guess that's the same no matter where you live. 

I hope you all had a good thanksgiving and are now getting ready for Christmas! 

Love you all!

-Sister Miggin 





No comments:

Post a Comment