Sunday, November 1, 2015

Letter-October 18th, 2015

Maayong Udto,
This week was great! We did a lot of tracting and finding. We have some good new potential. I feel like I have taught lesson 1 so many times. It's true what they say you'll spend half your mission teaching lesson 1 and the other have is all the other lessons. I really enjoy though sharing the message of the restoration. It brings such a spirit when you teach it. Our message is unique and it's our job as missionaries to share it with everyone. I can feel the spirit of the restoration in the lessons we teach though. This week something that was cool was we were reading over lesson 1 during our studies and it talks about what to do if you teach someone who doesn't have that solid Christian background. Well were like oh we will never use that her in the Philippines is so Catholic here. That day we were tracting and across the street from the house we were trying to get in someone was calling out to us, in English. It was an Indian young man. We went over to talk to him and he asked us why we were in the Philippines and we told him we are missionaries teaching people about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how it was restored. He was like "whats the gospel, can you come teach me about your message." We smiled and were like yes, yes we can. It was a cool lesson because is was in English which actually I found I wasn't used to doing. It took us a second to move our brains into English teaching. But also that day Heavenly Father prompted us to study about how to teach someone with a not Christian background. We ended up being able to use that information that same day. It was a very cool lesson. He even invited us back to share more. I'm not sure what will happen, but it just was a testimony builder to me that Heavenly Father is really setting up the way and preparing us for people. 
I am really glad to be a missionary and have the opportunity to share this wonderful message all day, everyday. I hope things are going well at home! Until next week,

Sister Miggin

No comments:

Post a Comment