Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Letter- September 6th, 2015

Hey Ya'll
This week we did a lot of finding and tracting. Like really a lot. It was awesome. I can have basic conversations with people now, well kind of. I at least feel more comfortable now with starting a conversation. Even though I don't really know whats going on a lot of the time. I get the idea!
So a huge blessing from this week was one of the people we found. We are so excited about him. We are going to teach him and take him a Book of Mormon tonight. His name is Noel Lorenzo. Well just one night as we were almost done with the day we decided we had time for one more OYM ( open your mouth, aka tracting) So we were walking down the street and we saw this little alleyway that we had never been down. So we were like ya lets go that way. It was totally by the spirit. He was telling us where to go. Well we walked down this little road and I stopped by this house. I could tell some one was home. So I called out and this guy comes out. So cheerful and friendly. He was like HI Sisters! For a second we thought he was a member. Turns out though he just had seen us and other missionaries walking around. He never had talked to them before though. He let us in to share a message with him. He was so awesome honestly! He was like " well I used to go to a Catholic church but I haven't been in years,my daughter goes to that church but maybe I'll go to the Mormon Church now." We were like, Who is this guy. He asked for a pamphlet or a book to read. We didn't have a book of Mormon with us, but we plan to take one tonight. Well we invited him to church and he said he would try. Well Sunday rolls around and we did have an investigator come, but it wasn't him.
 So I was sitting up on the stand because I was playing the piano in sacrament. I look outside and see him coming to church!!! My companion and I look at each other and were trying not to get to excited! He could be Golden, we will find out more tonight. I was so excited and so happy to see him come to church, after one lesson. It was so humbling for me to see that Heavenly Father directed us to find him. I don't know what will happen, but I just hope and pray that as we have the spirit with us in our teaching that we will maybe see him progress. He is so awesome. Its so humbling to think that heavenly father is trusting me with teaching and finding his children. So that was a good outcome after all of our hard work. Hopefully we can see him progress and see the spirit work within him. 
What else happened this week. We had a brown out. I'm getting used to them happening. It was fun though this time. We had milk in the fridge that we needed to use so it wouldn't go bad. We had cereal and milk for dinner. We sat out on the porch because it was to hot inside without fans. We just sat out there and told funny stories. Might as well have fun on the mission too right! This week was really good though. I enjoyed working hard. I really am starting to love it more and more. I hope you all had a good week!

-Sister Miggin










No comments:

Post a Comment