Sunday, September 27, 2015

Letter- September 20th, 2015

I hope this email finds everyone safe and well.
This week was awesome! We had mission tour this week. It was for sure the highlight. Elder and Sister Bowen of the 70 and they are also area presidency here in the Philippines. They did an amazing job. I was inspired to work harder and be a better missionary. I know for sure this is where I should be right now and that I am really grateful to be a missionary. It's a lot of fun. No it's not always easy, especially working on the language.But I know that with the help of Heavenly Father I can do anything. I know for a fact that he is helping me everyday and in every way. Physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. I was really humbled this week. Knowing that this is really the Lords work. As I am obedient and work hard I will be able to do this work with the Lord's help, and I can't imagine trying to do it without him. Something Sister Scicluna and I were talking about is how amazing it is that our investigators are progressing. It's for sure not because of us or our teaching skills. We are 2 foreigners, even though she is fluent, people have a hard time sometimes understanding her accent, and me, ya I am just learning the language. But I am really able to see who the real teacher is. Its the Spirit. As long as we are doing everything we can to invite the spirit into our lessons and be worthy of the spirit always, people can learn.
   Something I loved about Mission Tour was Elder Bowen was gave us a lot of advice and motivation to be better missionaries. One thing I really thought was interesting, was he gave us a challenge. That as we are meeting people on the street we should just jump into the message, We should leave people thinking, "are they crazy," or leave them thinking "could that really be true." So we tried it. We went contacting and during our contacting we just started sharing about the restoration and what is unique about our message. It was a lot of fun actually. It brought a different power and spirit in our tracting. We even found people interested. It was a really cool experience. We plan to keep trying that. We have certain OYM (Open Your Mouth) goals we have everyday. Which just means open your mouth, or talk to people and invite them to listen or come to church or something. But he called it Testifying contacts. So making them more meaningful. Anyway that was something I really liked.
   Anyway this week was really good. It was for sure a spiritually high at mission tour. We worked hard though this week. Which I wouldn't have it any other way! I am excited to see what this next week has in store!!
Well that's all for this week! Until next time.
-Sister Miggin

No comments:

Post a Comment