Thursday, August 27, 2015

Letter-August 16th, 2015

This week was really good. We had two meetings that were kind of long but really good. We had zone training and also trainers and trainees' meeting. I cant believe this is my companions last week as a missionary. She is doing really good. Not too trunky. I think now she is just excited and why wouldn't you be. She had a good mission and worked hard until the end. I hope I can be like her at the end of all of this. So next week I will get my "step mom" or my new trainer. Hopefully she will be just as great. Now that I feel like I have adjusted more to being a missionary I really want to focus more on the language. Its not east but I know through prayer and faith that God will provide a way. This week we did a lot of finding. Its kind of hard to go up to people and bring up religion especially in a language I don't know. But once you get going its not as scary. Good thing the Lord guides this work. Otherwise we would have a lot of lost missionaries in the world.
So we have some pretty great investigators. We are teaching a 11 year old named Jhana, her baptism date is on August 29 I think. So hopefully everything goes accordingly. We are also teaching quite a few others who have dates in September. Here in the Philippines they have a 4 week rule. That the investigator must come to church for 4 weeks in a row. So if they miss a Sunday we have to move back their date. Its sometimes frustrating but I quickly realized why. There are SO many inactive or less active here. Its sad but true. So I understand why they have this rule. 
Anyway this week was good. We had a family home evening with this cute family. They have 4 girls and just had a baby boy. It reminded me of my family. It was such a fun family night. It made me grateful that we always had FHE growing up. I also experience my first brown out. It was so hot without the fan. But thankfully right as we were going to bed the power came back and I was able to sleep with my fan!! YAY!  Hope you all have a great week!!

Love, Sister Miggin

No comments:

Post a Comment